From about 4000 to 2900 BC temples lived on the islands of Malta and Gozo, who left behind many temple complexes. It is surprising not only the architecture of these buildings, but also the fact that the templars at some point simply disappeared, leaving not a single trace behind them, in addition to the already mentioned temples.
All that archaeologists can say about this – the cause of the disappearance of the templar civilization was not an epidemic, not war and not hunger. Perhaps not without religious extremism or environmental factors – there are no other versions.
All that is known about the templar is that they were obviously obsessed with building stone temples – there are more than thirty of them on both islands. The researchers found traces of sacrifices and complex rituals there, and also found out that the templar were fixated on the ideas of life, sex and death – this is indicated by sculptures and images of phallic symbols and pyshnotely (and, accordingly, fertile) women. Continue reading
The stolen paintings by master of abstract expressionism Hans Hoffman (1880-1966) were found by Art Recovery International 12 years after they were stolen from an art store in Manhattan.
Five paintings, valued at just over $ 500,000, were last seen at the Cirkers Hayes warehouse in 2003. The works belonged to a foundation known as the Renate, Hans and Maria Hofmann Trust. (Cirkers Hayes joined Crozier Fine Arts in early 2017). Continue reading
PERM STATE ART GALLERY (UGHG).
Opened on November 7, 1922 (until 1936 – Art Museum as part of the Perm Regional Museum of Local History). The basis of the collection was the collection of the art department of the Perm Scientific-Industrial Museum. The department was formed through donations of artists-countrymen, acquisitions from the first art exhibitions in Perm, the gifts of the society to them. A.I. Kuindzhi and others
Since 1919 Gubmuzeem, which was engaged in the work of museums in the region (1919-1923), the first expeditions to collect works of art were organized, first led by A. K. Syropyatov (head of the Perm Museum 1919-1922, head of the Art Museum 1922- 1925), then – N. N. Serebrennikov (1925-1949 – director of the gallery, 1949-1960 – chief custodian). Continue reading